National Diploma in Business (Level 6)
Aim of course: To provide students with the skills , knowledge and competence to undertake a broad range of mid to high level business activities, and to carry out a mix of specialised operations focused on marketing involving a degree of self directed work and supervision of processes and people.
Student outcomes: Students will
- gain knowledge and skills to manage people, systems and resources
- be able to effectively manage change and problem solve
- be able to implement strategies, policies and plans
- have an understanding of effective marketing strategies
- have knowledge of financial performance
- be able to develop a safe and supportive business environment
- be able to undertake self development activities
- be able to provide effective leadership
- be able to establish positive workplace relationships
This module enables students to use the accounting tools to analyse financial statements in order to understand, interpret and apply financial analysis in a business operation and to report to management in order to help assist in the decision making process.
Students will be able to develop and implement operations marketing plans, including specific plans for direct marketing activities, for relevant business opportunities.
Students will also be able to determine the specific marketing mix for different business environments.
In this module students will develop their own franchise proposals and as part of the learning programme, evaluate standard businesses, franchisers and franchisees across a range of case studies. As a component of the development of their franchise, students will be able to develop a comprehensive business proposal.
Human Resource Management
Students will be able to implement remuneration reviews in relevant organisations as requested.
Occupational Health and Safety Management PracticeStudents will be able to analyse H&S systems and manage the introduction of improvement strategies
Business Relationship Management
Students will be able to effectively review customer service and satisfaction against specific standards and develop and implement plans to enhance customer relationships.
This module prepares the student to contribute and prepare a formal strategic plan, monitor and review it for organisational strategy development and analyse factors contributing to organisational purpose, direction and values.
- Have successfully completed NZQA accredited Diploma in Business at Level 5.
- An equivalent international qualification.
- The applicant also needs to have an IELTS (Academic) band score of 6.0 OR equivalent score in an internationally recognised English language test. However an IELTS score of 5.5 is acceptable for students who have already completed a level 5 National Diploma in Business or equivalent (for e.g. for students from India a bachelor's degree).
Course Length: 41 weeks
Class Timings: Mon - Wed 9am - 4 pm
For more information contact us.